Thursday June 11 at 8pm CST/9pm EST
This 75 minute class includes panelists Juan Michelle Martin, PT, DPT, Danelle Dickson, PT, DPT, OCS, Amber Brown PT, DPT, WCS, CLT, RYT, Oluwayeni Abraham PT, DPT, and Kenael Segal PT, DPT.
This is the first of a two-part series for healthcare, wellness and medical professionals on race in our current healthcare system.
The first part of the series will address the experiences of Black physical therapists as healthcare providers. The second part of the series will focus on the experience of Black patients in our healthcare system. This Live event will include:
- discussion of the disparities within our current healthcare system
- the effect of the lack of diversity in academic institutions and lack of representation within organizational structures
- how race affects patient outcomes
- how can we as healthcare professionals make a positive impact regarding our patients.
- actionable steps for academic institutions, private practices and healthcare organizations to navigate the social and racial disparities in healthcare will also be discussed.
[Please note while Southern Pelvic Health and The Vagina Whisperer are hosting this course on our platform, 100% of the proceeds from the course are going directly to the panelists and a charity of their choice.]